Children's Preventative Dental Care in Ephrata
The Importance of Preventive Care
At Pawsitive Pediatric Dentistry, we understand the significance of preventive care in maintaining your child's healthy smile. Dr. Milca Mendez-Ceballos and our dedicated team offer a range of preventive treatments to protect your child's teeth from decay and promote long-term oral health. Book an appointment online and give your child the gift of a pawsitively healthy smile!
Custom-made sports guards protect your child's teeth during physical activities and sports.
- Comfortable and durable protection against dental injuries
- Custom-fit for maximum effectiveness
Regular oral cancer screenings allow for early detection and improved treatment outcomes.
- Thorough examination of the oral tissues, checking for abnormalities
- Early identification of any signs or symptoms of oral cancer
Dental sealants offer an extra layer of defense against tooth decay, especially in the back molars.
- Application of a thin, tooth-colored sealant to seal deep grooves and pits
- Shields vulnerable areas from bacteria and food particles
- Long-lasting protection for chewing surfaces, reducing the risk of cavities
Fluoride treatments provide a protective shield for your child's teeth, preventing cavities and strengthening enamel.
- Application of fluoride varnish to remineralize and fortify tooth enamel
- Enhanced resistance to acid attacks and decay
- Added protection for growing teeth during critical developmental stages
Our state-of-the-art digital x-rays allow us to monitor your child's dental growth and detect any underlying issues.
- Detailed evaluation of tooth eruption, spacing, and alignment
- Early detection of potential orthodontic concerns for timely intervention
- Minimized radiation exposure for your child's safety and peace of mind
Regular cleanings and hygiene appointments with our friendly team help keep your child's teeth and gums in great shape.
- Thorough removal of plaque and tartar, promoting fresh breath and a clean smile
- Education on proper brushing and flossing techniques for optimal oral hygiene
- Personalized advice on maintaining a healthy diet for strong teeth and overall well-being
What toothpaste should my child use? How much toothpaste should they use?
Use a rice-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste for children under the age of three, and a pea-sized amount for children aged three to six. Encourage your child to spit out the excess toothpaste and rinse with water. Choose a toothpaste with the ADA Seal of Acceptance for safe and effective cavity protection.
How often should my child come to the dentist?
Regular dental check-ups every six months are typically recommended to maintain optimal oral health and catch any potential issues early on. However, the frequency of visits may vary based on your child's unique dental needs and Dr. Mendez-Ceballos's professional recommendation.
When are panoramic x-rays indicated?
Panoramic x-rays may be recommended for children to assess dental development, detect hidden dental issues, and aid in orthodontic treatment planning. Dr. Mendez-Ceballos will determine if panoramic x-rays are necessary based on your child's specific dental needs.
When should I introduce flossing to my kids?
You can introduce flossing to your child when they have two teeth that touch, usually around the age of two or three. Start with child-friendly flossing techniques, such as floss picks or gentle flossing tools, and make it a fun and interactive activity!
When should I take my child to the dentist?
Dr. Milca Mendez-Ceballos recommends bringing your child for their first dental visit around their first birthday or within six months of their first tooth eruption. Early dental visits promote a positive dental experience and establish a foundation for lifelong oral health!